Sundried Tomato Bruschetta Bowls with Chicken Sausage
By Haylie of Our Balanced Bowl
"These Sundried Tomato Bruschetta Bowls are PACKED with flavor! Delicious buttery couscous loaded with sundried tomato bruschetta, juicy chicken sausage, feta and a simple balsamic glaze! Not your average weeknight dinner!"
Sundried Tomato Bruschetta Bowls with Chicken SausageServings: 2
What you’ll need:
2 al fresco Sundried Tomato Chicken Sausage links, sliced
8 oz. Israeli couscous
2 tbsp avocado oil (divided)
1/2 cup jarred sundried tomatoes, chopped
1 cup diced cherry tomatoes
1 tsp oil from jarred sundried tomatoes
Splash of balsamic vinegar
1 tsp freshly chopped basil
Salt to season
Optional garnishes: feta cheese, balsamic glaze, fresh basil
- Boil 1 and 3/4 cup of water in sauce pan.
- In separate pot, heat up 1 tbsp avocado oil and once heated, pour in couscous.
- Add boiling water to couscous, cover and boil for 6-7 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- In a pan, add in 1 tbsp avocado oil. Once heated up, add chicken sausage and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- In a bowl, assemble bruschetta by combining diced cherry tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, oil from sun dried tomatoes jar, fresh basil, and splash of balsamic vinegar.
- Begin to assemble your bowls! Add couscous, chicken sausage, and bruschetta. Sprinkle with feta and balsamic if desired.