Sweet Apple Chicken Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash
By Dawn of Cutefetti
"Some of my very favorite flavors of fall come together in this Stuffed Acorn Squash. Think apple flavors, golden raisins and a dash or two of cinnamon!"
Sweet Apple Chicken Sausage Stuffed Acorn SquashServings: 4
What you’ll need:
1 package al fresco Sweet Apple Fully Cooked Chicken Sausages, chopped
2 acorn squash
1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1 cup of alfredo sauce
2 tablespoons of golden raisins
Sprinkle of cinnamon
Sprinkle of brown sugar
Sprinkle of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut acorn squash in half and scoop out the pulp. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with a little salt and brown sugar. Place in a baking dish and cook in the oven for an hour.
- While they're baking, mix the fresco chicken sausage with Alfredo sauce, shredded parmesan cheese and 2 tablespoons of golden raisins and set aside.
- When the squash is done baking, remove from oven and fill with chicken sausage mixture.
- Sprinkle dusting of cinnamon on top.
- Return to the oven for 15 minutes or until mixture is warmed through and cheese is melted. Enjoy!