Sweet and Spicy Jalapeño Chicken Sausage Fried Rice
By Sarah and Nick of Meal Prep on Fleek
"This Sweet ‘N Spicy Jalapeño Sausage Fried Rice recipe comes together in less than 30 minutes thanks to the short ingredient list and the use of fully pre-cooked sausages and chicken breast. The sweet flavor of pineapple combined with the spicy flavor from the Jalapeño sausages is guaranteed to have you coming back to this recipe again and again."
Sweet and Spicy Jalapeño Chicken Sausage Fried RiceServings: 4
What you’ll need:
1 package al fresco Spicy Jalapeño Chicken Sausage, cut into 1/2 inch rounds
1 medium red bell pepper, diced
1 medium yellow bell pepper, diced
1 medium red onion, diced
2 cups fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
2 large chicken breasts, cooked and cut into bite sized pieces
1 tablespoon olive or avocado oil
1/2 cup fresh cilantro
6 cups riced cauliflower
1 lime, quartered
Optional: 1 avocado, salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add in riced cauliflower and cook until golden brown. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add remaining 1/2 teaspoon of oil to the pan, then add peppers and onion. Cook 3 minutes, then add sausage and chicken. Sauté until heated through.
- Add pineapple and cook 3 minutes. Add riced cauliflower and toss gently. Cover and let reheat for 3-4 minutes.
- Toss in fresh cilantro, salt and pepper (if desired).
- Optional: serve with a squeeze of fresh lime juice and sliced avocado.