Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage & Tortellini SoupServings: 12
What you’ll need:
1 12 oz pkg al fresco Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage
1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
5 fresh garlic cloves
1/2 cup white wine
42 oz low fat, unsalted chicken broth
18 oz Three cheese tortellini, refrigerated
1 1/4 cup fresh red tomatoes, chopped
6 oz fresh baby spinach, washed
1 tbsp unsalted butter
- Heat Dutch oven with 1/2 tsp of oil to coat and sauté chicken sausage until browned and internal temperature is 165 degrees F.
- Remove from pan and slice into small pieces and set aside.
- Meanwhile, finely mince the garlic cloves.
- Heat remaining oil in pan, add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds, stir in wine and broth and bring to a boil.
- Cook for about 2 minutes then add tortellini.
- Cook for another 5 minutes and then stir in spinach and tomato. Cook until the spinach wilts, 2 minutes.
- Return sautéd sausage pieces to the soup, cook for an additional 5 minutes add the butter and serve when butter is melted.