Teriyaki Chicken Fried Rice
By Brianna of @toomanybites
"This Chicken Fried Rice recipe is super easy to make, customizable, and the perfect easy weeknight or back to school meal. It is best to use day-old rice (rice that has been in the fridge for at least a day) since it will make a crispier fried rice. The staple ingredient for this recipe is al fresco’s Seasoned Ground Chicken that is packed with protein and flavor to make a satisfying and healthy meal. "
Teriyaki Chicken Fried RiceServings: 2
What you’ll need:
1 package al fresco Teriyaki Seasoned Ground Chicken
2 cups white rice (preferably day-old and cold)
1/2 cup frozen corn or mixed vegetables
1 stalk green onion
1 tbsp soy sauce
5 tbsp cooking oil
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
- Microwave rice for 1 minute, then break apart any clumped grains with a fork or chopsticks and set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add eggs and quickly scramble. Remove from heat and set aside before they are fully cooked.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil over medium heat and cook al fresco’s Teriyaki Ground Chicken according to package instructions. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil and add about ½ of the chopped green onion. Cook and stir for about 30 seconds, then add frozen vegetables and rice. Stir rice with a spatula to separate any clumps and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add eggs and ground chicken, then soy sauce, salt, and black pepper. Continuously stir to cook everything together for 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with remaining scallions, then remove from heat and serve hot. Enjoy!