Yucca Arepas with Chicken Sausage and Steak
By Gibelly of @gb_hernandez
"Quick and easy weeknight meal! A Venezuela's favorite with a twist, arepa made parrilla style, with all the ingredients you would see in a Venezuelan parrilla, made into a delicious arepa. Using Roasted Pepper and Asiago chicken sausage."
Yucca Arepas with Chicken Sausage and SteakServings: 4
What you’ll need:
1 packet of al fresco Roasted Pepper and Asiago chicken sausage, roasted and sliced
2 cups of yucca, cooked and mashed (about 1 lbs uncooked)
1/2 cup corn flour or cornmeal
Salt to taste
1 lbs steak, cooked and cut in small pieces
2 hass avocados, cut in pieces
- To make arepas in a bowl add the mashed yucca followed by the corn flour and salt to taste, knead with your hands, add water as needed to achieve a dough-like consistency.
- Divide dough into 4 balls of the same size and pat each one into a patty about 3/8-inch thick.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Cook the arepas until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer cooked arepas to a dish until cool enough to handle.
- Slice halfway through each arepa horizontally with a thin serrated knife to form a pita-like pocket.
- Filled with chicken sausage, followed by the steak and lastly the avocado.
- Serve warm and Enjoy!