Chicken Sausage and cabbage soup
By Albana of @Uncomplicatedchef
"The One Pot meal that you want to make on repeat during chilly nights. It takes no time to prep, and it’s hearty, comforting, and delicious!"
Chicken Sausage and cabbage soupServings: 6
What you’ll need:
1 package of al fresco Sweet Apple Chicken Sausage
1 onion diced
3-4 garlic cloves minced
2 cups potatoes cubed
2 cups carrots sliced
2 cups celery chopped
1 leek chopped
1/2 medium white cabbage sliced
3 tbs of olive oil
1 tbsp of salt
1 tsp of black pepper
2 bay leaves
One sprig of thyme and rosemary
- In a large pot add olive oil and sliced sausages.
- Sauté sausages for 5 minutes on medium heat and remove from the pan.
- In the same pot add onion, garlic, leeks, carrot celery and potatoes.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Sauté for 10 minutes on medium heat and keep stirring.
- Add cabbage onto the pot, bay leaves, thyme, and rosemary.
- Bring back the sausages.
- Add 3 cups of water or until vegetables are submerged.
- Cover the pot and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Serve warm with chili flakes and crusty bread.