Chicken Sausage & Apple Stuffed Squash
By Jenn of Jenny With the Good Eats
"Typically baking an acorn squash would take 45-60 minutes but this entire method takes about 25 minutes…score! You do not want to miss out on this!"
Chicken Sausage & Apple Stuffed SquashServings: 8
What you’ll need:
1 package al fresco Apple Chicken Sausages, medium dice
4 acorn squash, tops cut off, seeds removed from the inside
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 cups cooked rice or quinoa
2 apples, small dice
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
Optional: parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cut the tops off of each acorn squash. Remove the insides with a spoon. Rub acorn squash, inside and out, with olive oil.
- In a microwave-safe dish, cook the acorn squash for 8 minutes until you’re able to pierce it with a fork.
- Next, combine brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and black pepper. Rub mixture on the interior of the acorn squash.
- Fill each butternut squash with chopped apple sausage, cooked rice or quinoa, apples, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drizzle a small amount of pure maple syrup over the top then top with fresh parsley.