Chicken Sausage Penne with Vodka Sauce
By Shadell of Fuel Mama
"This Chicken Sausage Penne with Vodka Sauce is creamy, zesty, slightly sweet, gluten-free, and super simple to make with ingredients you already have at home!"
Chicken Sausage Penne with Vodka SauceServings: 7
What you’ll need:
1 package al fresco Sweet Apple Chicken Sausage, sliced
1 tbsp olive oil
1 medium white onion, chopped
8 oz. pre-made sofrito
2 cups baby bella mushrooms, chopped
2 cups baby spinach
1 box cauliflower penne, or penne of choice, cooked
1 jar of your favorite pasta sauce
3 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes
2 pinch garlic salt
1 pinch pepper
Optional garnishes: oregano, cheese, or pesto
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil on medium high. Once hot, add chopped onions and saute until translucent.
- Add chicken sausage and saute until golden brown.
- Add pre-made sofrito and mix well into the chicken sausage and onion mixture. Allow that to cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the chopped mushrooms and spinach.
- Add cooked pasta, full jar of sauce, and sun dried tomatoes. Mix and serve warm!