Chicken Sausage Vegetable Hash
By Brandy of Nutmeg Nanny
"You'll love how easy this dish comes together and can be customized to include almost any vegetable you have in the house. Hearty, delicious and perfect for fall."
Chicken Sausage Vegetable HashServings: 4
What you’ll need:
1 package al fresco Sweet Apple Chicken Sausage, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 parsnips, cleaned and diced
1 sweet potato, cleaned and diced
2 cups Brussels sprouts, halved or quartered
2 cups mushrooms, sliced
1 small red onion, sliced
2 cups red cabbage, shredded
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced
2 teaspoons fresh sage, minced
2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 apple, cored and diced
- Heat a large high-sided skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil.
- When the oil is hot add in the sausage and heat for 5 minutes until browned. Remove it from the pan and set it aside.
- In the same skillet add parsnips, sweet potato, Brussels sprouts, and mushrooms. Stir together, top with a lid and cook for about 10 minutes or until the vegetables are starting to soften. Add more oil if the vegetables are sticking too much.
- Stir in the red onions and shredded cabbage. Cook for about 5 minutes or until all the vegetables are soft but not falling apart.
- Add in the garlic, rosemary, sage, thyme, kosher salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, apple, and cooked chicken sausage. Cook for about 5 minutes to help the flavors combine. Taste and add more kosher salt if needed.
- Serve and enjoy!