Instant Pot Spaghetti with Chicken Sausage
By Brittanie of Simplistically Living
"I love this recipe for how simple it is to make. It helps it’s totally tasty too. And, the highlight of the dish is the chicken sausage."
Instant Pot Spaghetti with Chicken SausageServings: 4
What you’ll need:
1 package al fresco Chicken Sausage, diced
1 lb. ground turkey
1 Roma tomato, diced
1/2 yellow onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, diced
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 (12 oz) Package Spaghetti
1 (24 oz.) Bottle of Spaghetti Sauce
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
1/2 teaspoon Basil
2 2/3 Cups Warm Water
Optional: fresh thyme and parmesan cheese
- Start by setting your Instant Pot to “Sauté”. Once heated, drizzle your olive oil in and add in your ground turkey meat and brown for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in your sausage, onion, garlic, Italian seasoning and basil. Continue to brown for several minutes until the meat is cooked throughly. Turn off your Instant Pot and allow to cool.
- Next, take your spaghetti noodles and break them in half and layer your noodles into a criss-cross pattern, in fourths. Stacking them carefully on top of the cooked meats and seasoning.
- Add your water, spaghetti sauce, additional seasoning (as desired) and half of the diced tomatoes. Close the lid on your Instant Pot and set to “Pressure Cook” and on high for 7 minutes.
- Once done, use the Quick Release method to remove lid. Allow the spaghetti to sit cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Dish up your spaghetti and garnish with fresh thyme and parmesan cheese, if desired. You can also serve with a delicious side salad and garlic bread or rolls.