Rasta Chicken Sausage Pasta
By Christin of Christin Creative Co.
"Take a trip to the Caribbean in less than 30 minutes with this spicy pasta featuring Al Fresco Roasted Pepper and Asiago chicken sausage. The flavors of jerk seasoning, bell peppers, Parmesan cheese and splash of cream are sure to make you feel the warmth of the islands. "
Rasta Chicken Sausage PastaServings: 4
What you’ll need:
1 package al fresco Roasted Pepper and Asiago
2 bell peppers (red and green)
1 tsp. jerk seasoning (you can add more or less according to your preference)
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 box Ziti pasta
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. paprika
Salt and pepper to taste
Sliced green onions for garnish
- Bring water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente. (don't forget to reserve some pasta water for the sauce later)
- Cut al fresco sausage in diagonal slices.
- Slice bell pepper into strips.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil into a Dutch oven pot on medium high heat. Brown Al Fresco sausage about 2-3 minutes.
- Once sausage is half way browned add in bell peppers and cook until softened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in pasta, cream, jerk seasoning, Parmesan cheese and garlic powder, paprika and salt & pepper. Mix until combined. Taste for seasoning and adjust according to your preference.
- Add in pasta water if the sauce gets too thick and cook down until creamy.
- Garnish with green onion and Parmesan cheese