Sweet Apple Chicken Sausage Marsala
By The Kitchen of al fresco
"Transform your favorite marsala dish into this faster, simpler version with our Sweet Apple Chicken Sausage!"
Sweet Apple Chicken Sausage MarsalaServings: 4
What you’ll need:
1 16oz pkg al fresco Sweet Apple Chicken Sausage
1 tsp Olive oil
8oz Fettuccini Pasta
4 tbsp Butter
1 cup Mushrooms, sliced
2 tbsp Shallots, chopped
1 tbsp Garlic, chopped
3/4 cup Chicken broth
1/2 cup Marsala wine
2 tbsp Half-and-half
- Sauté chicken sausage in 1/2 tbsp olive oil over medium heat until browned or internal temperature reaches 165F degrees.
- Remove, slice on the bias 1/4" thick and set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large non-stick pan, sauté mushrooms, shallots and garlic in a pan with remaining oil for 3 minutes or until moisture evaporates.
- Remove mixture and add to chicken sausage already set aside.
- Place pan back on burner and add chicken broth and wine.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer for 5 minutes or until reduced to 1 cup.
- Add butter and half and half and salt and pepper to taste.
- Return chicken sausage and mushroom mixture to the plan and mix well.
- Serve over fettuccini.