Sweet Apple Chicken Sausage MarsalaServings: 4
What you’ll need:
1 16oz pkg al fresco Sweet Apple Chicken Sausage
1 tsp Olive oil
8oz Fettuccini Pasta
4 tbsp Butter
1 cup Mushrooms, sliced
2 tbsp Shallots, chopped
1 tbsp Garlic, chopped
3/4 cup Chicken broth
1/2 cup Marsala wine
2 tbsp Half-and-half
- Sauté chicken sausage in 1/2 tbsp olive oil over medium heat until browned or internal temperature reaches 165F degrees.
- Remove, slice on the bias 1/4" thick and set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large non-stick pan, sauté mushrooms, shallots and garlic in a pan with remaining oil for 3 minutes or until moisture evaporates.
- Remove mixture and add to chicken sausage already set aside.
- Place pan back on burner and add chicken broth and wine.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer for 5 minutes or until reduced to 1 cup.
- Add butter and half and half and salt and pepper to taste.
- Return chicken sausage and mushroom mixture to the plan and mix well.
- Serve over fettuccini.